TTU Clan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE)

Go down 
+3
Picko
|TTU|LegolaS|DSA'G|
|TTU|RED|TTU|
7 posters
AuthorMessage
|TTU|RED|TTU|
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-04-18

FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE) Empty
PostSubject: FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE)   FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 2:56 am

**RE-MADE AN ANNOUNCEMENT ON 26TH JUNE**

Hey guys, vader needs his rest and we all must respect that. So don't bother him on xfire or anything, any issues, for now, talk to me. Also, this forum needed cleaning up. There were at least 30-40 unneccesary posts deleted on Latest Updates and Announcements alone. From now on, the two boards Announcements and Latest Updates are to be free from random, spam and unneccesary posts which could easily be put into Off Topic. Announcements and Latest Updates are really only to be used by supremes and preferably owners. If you do have something you'd like to personally announce, Off Topic Post is the board you need to post in. Announcements and Latest Updates are for important announcements and information about the clan and forums.

Also, no back-to-back posting / double-posting. If seen in a topic you have two posts one after the other, this is considered spam. You are adding to your post count and spamming the topic. If you do forget to post something or wish to go on to something else in the same thread, use the modify button and state this.

There are to be no all emotion or emotion based posts either. This is also considered spam.

Too many people are posting random messages (spam) in topics, please do not do this. And most importantly, keep to the topic! You don't want to start a thread about cheese and end up going on about bacon!

If you are to make a post, it needs to have a reasonable name. Posts like 'read this' or 'im sick of this' or 'read now' are not descent post titles. When a forum browser sees posts like this, the forum browser has no idea what content maybe in the post. When getting to the post, the browser may think it was a waste of time because it doesn't concern him/her. Or, if it was an important post, forum browsers might be tempted to just ignore it.

In Admin Abuse reporting, the suspected offenders, admin abuse team and reporters should post responsibly. Especially the reporters and suspected offenders. If reporters post something like 'he/she did this and he/she is a n00b' or any other abusive language directed to anybody in the post, the admin abuse team are likely to not take this seriously. Post in a responsible manner. And if you are suspected to have been abusing, calmly post your side of the story. For all you know, it could have been a misunderstanding.

Thanks for reading. A tidier forum is one step to a better and organised clan.

Last edited by |TTU|RED|TTU| on Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:21 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamehoster.org/beta

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE)   FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 8:44 am

I would like to say thanks, and nice job to all the Supremes for all the good work! Forum is lot more clean and easy to use. Thanks also for everything you do for these servers. TTU couldn't exist without you.

Thanks Guys!

Achmed
Back to top Go down
|TTU|LegolaS|DSA'G|
Admin
Admin
|TTU|LegolaS|DSA'G|

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE)   FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 10:46 pm

i will help u with unnesscary posts in announcments and latest updates red and i wish vad to heal up also Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BncMl_vMiV0
Picko
****The ONE****
****The ONE****

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE)   FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 8:10 am

Well if i had my admin o nthe forums i would also do a good job and could you stop deleting the xfire posts people need to see it and whoever is the leader of the xfire clan get accpeting everyone who is trying to join
( aslong as there in TTU )
so then we dont need each others xfire we just look in the clan part to talk xD
Back to top Go down
|TTU|Lt.Sten|EaS'L|
~~The Look Out~~
~~The Look Out~~
|TTU|Lt.Sten|EaS'L|

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE)   FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:45 pm

Ok, this doesnt make sense now,

off-topic post is not announceents OR an update, so now, if somebody needs to announce something about say... name stealers+botters on n/q they have to post in off topic, but actually, off topic should be used for things non-related to ttu... So now, i really dont think that this is sensible, but, its only what I think, and, I really think that these new rules are total..erm.. you know...erm...

BUT this forums cleanout has been useful, and a good idea (ty to all the guys who thought of that idea) and now they are easier to use, more practical, and you can find what your looking for much easier.

This, I think, needs further discussion about what TO and what NOT TO post in announcements and updates, as I think that posting important things, by 'lower admin' people in off-topic, well, I dont read important things in off-topic, because I only look for important things in Annoucements + Latest Updates (I'm sick of typing them).

Also, the 'bacon into cheese' (or whichever way round it is), thanks for mentioning, as I have noticed this a lot on most topics/posts. This would definately be best to stick with one topic, therefore making it easier to read and keep track of whats happening, otherwise it gets rather confuddling (my word for confusing).

I suggest that a new topic is posted, about guidance on where to post what, and this should be discussed properly, not just between owners, and then most of the bigdecisions can be properly agreed on.

Also, thanks for mentioning about spam, but just be careful, because I've known accidental double posts, so just be careful what you punish for.

Well, this cleanout has been a success I think, so thanks for doing all this, it is really appreciated by me, and most probably the whole clan, even if people don't say thanks.

Ok, thanks, and I hope to see some reply to this, because if not, I will be rather annoyed that nobody has taken any noticed of it.

Lt.Sten - No Quarter Co-Leader
Back to top Go down
http://www.you.justgotowned.com
|TTU|Immortal|DSA'L|
~~The Director~~
~~The Director~~
|TTU|Immortal|DSA'L|

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2008-05-10

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE)   FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 1:05 pm

if i need to be out from playing for awhile, where should i post about it???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE)   FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 1:23 pm

I think we should change the organisation of the forum. I got a great idea.
At the moment, we got Annoucement board and Lastest Updates board. I think we should combine these 2 boards and make a new board called Talk about TTU. At the moment, if someone want to post something about TTU, he doesn't know where to post it, cause it's not an annoucement, neither an update. And he can't post it in Off-Topic, cause it's about TTU. You could also make the new combined board only for admins only, so only admins can post updates and annoucement.

Anyway, these are only some ideas. I could help to sort the messages, and send them to the right board if you decide to take my idea.
Back to top Go down
|TTU|RED|TTU|
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 97

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE)   FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 3:43 pm

|TTU|Lt.Sten|EaS'L| wrote:
Ok, this doesnt make sense now,

off-topic post is not announceents OR an update, so now, if somebody needs to announce something about say... name stealers+botters on n/q they have to post in off topic, but actually, off topic should be used for things non-related to ttu... So now, i really dont think that this is sensible, but, its only what I think, and, I really think that these new rules are total..erm.. you know...erm...

BUT this forums cleanout has been useful, and a good idea (ty to all the guys who thought of that idea) and now they are easier to use, more practical, and you can find what your looking for much easier.

This, I think, needs further discussion about what TO and what NOT TO post in announcements and updates, as I think that posting important things, by 'lower admin' people in off-topic, well, I dont read important things in off-topic, because I only look for important things in Annoucements + Latest Updates (I'm sick of typing them).

Also, the 'bacon into cheese' (or whichever way round it is), thanks for mentioning, as I have noticed this a lot on most topics/posts. This would definately be best to stick with one topic, therefore making it easier to read and keep track of whats happening, otherwise it gets rather confuddling (my word for confusing).

I suggest that a new topic is posted, about guidance on where to post what, and this should be discussed properly, not just between owners, and then most of the bigdecisions can be properly agreed on.

Also, thanks for mentioning about spam, but just be careful, because I've known accidental double posts, so just be careful what you punish for.

Well, this cleanout has been a success I think, so thanks for doing all this, it is really appreciated by me, and most probably the whole clan, even if people don't say thanks.

Ok, thanks, and I hope to see some reply to this, because if not, I will be rather annoyed that nobody has taken any noticed of it.

Lt.Sten - No Quarter Co-Leader

Very good point. I'll make a 'Important Notes' board or something where admins post suggestions, bring up important issues, post inactivity ect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamehoster.org/beta

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE)   FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 4:14 pm

You should make a Board named General About TTU, it could include your board.
Back to top Go down
|TTU|Lt.Sten|EaS'L|
~~The Look Out~~
~~The Look Out~~
|TTU|Lt.Sten|EaS'L|

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE)   FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 9:23 am

Ok, thanks Red.

Thats better now, and like I said, the ourms are much more workable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.you.justgotowned.com
|TTU|Soul|TTU|
New At Forums
New At Forums

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE)   FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 2:48 am

Ty RED, forums are easier to use now:)
Back to top Go down
Hibbert
~~The Look Out~~
~~The Look Out~~

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE)   FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 3:09 pm

Probably not really fitting here, but i didnt want to open a new topic. I know atm TTU is going throw tuff times and everyone is busy (i guess - i dont really get to know that much stuff from here...), but i just wanted to say that maybe for a fresh start it should also be tought about the different User groups.
In the legend it shows different colours for Administrators/Council/AAT & Leaders. What i see is that Council & leaders are either Administrators or normal members. Idk if i just get that coloured name part wrong, but it would help ALOT on forums to actually use this ranks.

Edit: i posted that on the suggestion part too now Razz fits way better there Wink
2nd Edit: sorry for cross-posting^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE)   FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FORUM CLEAN-UP AND POSTING RULES (ONE NEW! RULE)
Page 1 of 1